Wednesday 27 January 2016

Task 12 - Target Audience Research - Primary

Audio from Google Drive:

Questionnaire:

Results:
 Q1.)
This shows me that out of the people that I asked, the majority of people enjoy a comedy over the other choices. However, I am set on making a thriller because I enjoy the genre and I believe I can produce a quality film.

Q2.)
 
This data proved to me the importance of a good plot, according to my target audience. This allows me to focus on that aspect of the genre, whilst also showing me what aspects to leave out. Q2 has significantly aided me in my progress.

Q3.)


The results for this particular question has made me doubt my plot decisions. However, I believe the possibility of my target audience enjoying such a plot is strong enough to warrant my decision of going through with my idea.

Q4.)
This question has made it clear to me the type of resolution I should chose in order to please the majority of my target audience. Therefore, I will add an aspect of ambiguity in order to make the audience contemplate the ending after it has finished. I am hoping this will add to the overall emjoyment felt after viewing my film.

Q5.)
The clarity of the results for this question allow me to choose freely. I believe that a good narrative needs two strong characters to forward the plot with momentum. Therefore, I am opting for a two character-driven narrative.

Q6.)
With the feedback from this question I am beginning to sway towards the implementation of death within my narrative. The results show me that my target audience expect death but also alot of people believe it should be used only sometimes. I have alot to think about plot wise after recording this data.

Q7.)
I have learnt from this data that my plot should involve a gun, however only if it is necessary to forward the plot. I wanted to include a gun in the first place and this data has further powered that idea.

Q8.)
These results for this question has further solidified my original intentions. I have tried to create a complex plot, that makes sense but leaves a sense of ambiguity at the end, and now I believe I made the right decision and nothing needs changing.

Q9.)
I am still unsure whether to make my thriller violent or not. Although the majority of people who completed my question would say that it should, I believe a powerful thriller can rely solely on tension and intersting camera angles. Therefore, I am still unsure on whether to make Preparations violent or not.

Overall thoughts:
I have many things to think about now, whether I should include blood and violence, whether I should include one or two strong characters. I believe this target audience research has significantly helped me mould the creation of my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment