Wednesday 27 January 2016

Actors - Who and how I found them?

The two actors I chose for the role of the Hitman and Dr. James were Daniel Hayes and Paul M, respectively.

I believe I chose the right actors for the role, especially Daniel Hayes who completely loved the role and enjoyed every moment he was on screen
Paul M also very surprised me, his professionalism on set allowed me to wrap up filming with two hours. This process could have lasted a lot longer without both of their concentration and focus.

I found these two actors by posting an advert on StarNow (www.starnow.co.uk/). I advertised the type of character which they would be playing, along with a short summary of the plot and other miscellaneous details such as payment and location. Then the actors chose which of the characters they would like to audition for and apply. I received around 9 applications all together, of these 9 I narrowed the selection down to 4 and eventually chose Paul M and Daniel Hayes. 
Overall, I could not have found the actors which I did without StarNow, the website is simple and easy to use and can help transform your amateur film into a professional-looking, well-acted piece of work.




No comments:

Post a Comment