Wednesday 27 January 2016

Task I Part 2 - Costume selection and reasoning

I dressed the hitman character in a casual suit jacket with a t-shirt beneath to represent his seriousness of the situation yet I wanted to present him as the conventional 'cool guy' hitman.
I decided to dress the character Dr James in dark, smart clothing. I thought the colour black would foreshadow his evil side and also sway the audience into believing his is a guilty man. However, by the end the audience cannot decide whether he lied to get himself out of the situation or told the truth to escape also. I believe this addition of ambiguity to the plot creates a more interesting and arresting narrative.

Daniel Hayes as The Hitman

 I believe I achieved the desired effect, he appears very casual and laid back but ominous and evil when he needs to be. Also, I believe this 'look' allows his deception to become more understandable.

Paul M as Dr. James

Dr James appears to be a wealthy doctor. However, his face, dark clothing and lighting present his character as ominous and untrustworthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment